The DevOps Engineering on AWS course helps participants understand how to use the most common DevOps patterns to develop, deploy and maintain applications on AWS. This course discusses the core principles of the DevOps methodology. It also discusses multiple use cases involving startups as well as small and medium-sized organizations, along with discussing numerous enterprise development scenarios, which would help participants gain a thorough understanding of the concepts discussed.
What You'll Learn
- Use the principal concepts and practices behind the DevOps methodology
- Design and implement an infrastructure on AWS that supports one or more DevOps development projects
- Use AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project
- Use AWS CodeCommit and understand the array of options for enabling a Continuous Integration environment on AWS
- Use AWS CodePipeline to design and implement a Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline on AWS
- Implement several common Continuous Deployment use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing
- Distinguish between the array of application deployment technologies available on AWS (including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS Opsworks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon EC2 Container Service, and Amazon EC2 Container Registry), and decide which technology best fits a given scenario
- Fine tune the applications you deliver on AWS for high performance and use AWS tools and technologies to monitor your application and environment for potential issues
- Introduction to DevOps
- AWS Command Line Interface
- Introduction to DevSecOps
- Deployment strategies and developer tools
- Infrastructure as code
- Deep dive into developer tools
- Automated testing on AWS
- Configuration management
- AMI building and Amazon EC2 Systems Manager
- Containers: Docker and ECS
- Customer case studies
Who should attend
The course is highly recommended for:
- System administrators
- Software developers
- Software engineers
- DevOps developers
Participants need to have attended the Developing on AWS or System Operations on AWS course and have achieved the AWS Certified Developer – Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate. They need to have working knowledge of one or more high-level programming languages, such as, C#, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc. They need to have intermediate knowledge of administering Linux or Windows systems at the command-line level. Apart from this, participants must have working experience with AWS using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI).
Interested in this Course?
This course helps participants prepare for the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional level certification examination. This exam validates the participant’s technical expertise in provisioning, operating and managing distributed application systems on the AWS platform.
The examination comprises multiple choice and multiple answer questions. Participants get 170 minutes to take the examination. The exam is available in English.