The SAFe 4.6 Advanced Scrum Master training program prepares Scrum Masters to take on a leadership role in facilitating Agile teams, programs and enterprise success in SAFe implementation and move ahead towards being SASM certified. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions to support the program execution and continuous improvement. The course helps participants enhance their Scrum paradigm by introducing them to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, applying Kanban to facilitate value flow as well as supporting the interactions with architects, product management and other critical stakeholders in larger program and enterprise contexts. The course equips participants with the tools needed for building high-performance teams and teaches ways to address Scrum and Agile anti-patterns in the enterprise.
What You'll Learn
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitate, enable and coach multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the Team and Program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Who should attend
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, other professionals who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering or development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
- Anyone looking to become SAFe® SASM certified
Participants of the SAFe® SASM course need to hold either the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) or the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certifications. Alternatively, SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation may also attend. It would also be beneficial to attend the Foundations of Agile course before taking this course.
Interested in this Course?
The SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master Certification (SASM) demonstrates mastery of skills associated with facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise level success. It is the next step after the SAFe Scrum Master certification, and certified individuals are seen as proven leaders within a SAFe® enterprise. This certification is for experienced Scrum Masters who work in or would like to work in a Scaled Agile Enterprise.
After completing the SAFe SASM course, participants need to appear for the certification exam. The details of the exam are as below –
|Exam Name||SAFe SASM|
|Exam format||Multiple choice questions and True/False questions|
|Exam delivery||Web-based (single browser) delivery, closed book, no outside assistance, timed|
|Exam duration||120 minutes|
|Number of questions||60|
|Passing score||42 out of 60 (70%)|