The SAFe 5.1 – the latest version of the Scaled Agile Framework was released in January 2020 and it is a knowledge base of established integrated principles, practices, and competencies. SAFe helps lean enterprises achieve business agility using lean, agile, and DevOps principles and frameworks. This most recent version of SAFe is built around seven core competencies – lean-agile leadership, team & technical agility, agile product delivery, enterprise solution delivery, lean portfolio management, organizational agility, and continuous learning culture. Scaled Agile itself has built on the key belief that better software and systems make the world a better place, while SAFe 5 comes with the ambitious mission to enable the business agility that is required for enterprises to compete and thrive in the digital age.
The Leading SAFe® course aims to introduce participants to the foundations of SAFe and impart guidance on the principles and practices that would drive the Lean-Agile transformation with confidence. The Leading SAFe training course offers valuable tools that one would need to lead effectively in both remote and hybrid environments of today with teams distributed across geographies. The Leading SAFe course helps one gain a deeper understanding of how companies can build business agility and how SAFe can be implemented in the organization. The course will focus on how SAFe would help one improve quality, employee engagement, productivity, as well as time-to-market. The Leading SAFe course empowers participants with all the skills and knowledge they need to help align their organization toward common goals & objectives. It will also help them be proficient in improving the generation of value and the flow of work from strategy to delivery. Additionally, the SAFe Agilist training and certification course will shed light on what makes companies more customer-centric while also helping participants explore how to run SAFe alignment and planning events, such as PI planning.
The Leading SAFe online training will focus on answering three key questions:
- What is SAFe?
- What is business agility and how does SAFe support it?
- How does an organization get started with the Scaled Agile Framework?
What You'll Learn
The Leading SAFe online training course would cover the following, in line with the official Scaled Agile Framework guidelines:
- How to realize the benefits of SAFe for boosting productivity, improving product quality, decreasing time-to-market, and increasing employee engagement
- How to establish a team and technical agility
- How to organize tasks and operations around the flow of value
- How to align massive organizations around clear, common objectives
- How to participate successfully in critical SAFe events, such as PI planning
- How to adopt a customer-centric mindset
The Leading SAFe course is open to everyone, regardless of their experience. However, it is highly recommended that those intending to appear for the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam have:
- At least 5 years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis product, or project management
- Prior work experience in Scrum
- Sr. Scrum masters
- Sr. Product managers
- Agile coaches
- Change implementation leaders
- Technical program managers
- Business management analysts
- Release management specialists
- Project managers