The Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA™) is immensely helpful for professionals in the field of business analysis. To earn the certification, participants need to have a certain level of knowledge of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® v3.0 (BABOK®). This course summarizes the BABOK® into a digestible format so that the key information can be learned without diving into the detailed levels that are needed for subsequent certifications. The course covers practice questions that reinforce information in the various knowledge areas, plus provides participants with practice tests including explanations and BABOK® references. The course empowers participants with effective test taking strategies to help them eliminate wrong answers and analyze questions to maximize of clearing the examination.
What You'll Learn
- Analyze and remember the most important elements of the BABOK® to pass the ECBA™ entry level certification exam
- Understand the process from application to test taking
- Improve your chances of success with the ECBA certification process
- Understand what knowledge from the BABOK® and other sources that comprise the ECBA ™ certification
- Use practical, real-world methods for improving test success
- The role and competencies of the business analyst
- The Systems/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Project & Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Requirements Engineering basics
- Levels of requirements, tool and techniques
- Perspectives, systems, processes, and actors
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Elicitation & Collaboration
- Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Strategy Analysis
- Requirements Analysis & Design Definition
- Solution Evaluation
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Behavioral Characteristics
- Business Knowledge
- Communication Skills
- Interaction Skills
- Tools and Technology
- Elicitation & Collaboration techniques
- Diagramming and modeling techniques
- Root cause analysis techniques
- Acceptance and evaluation definition techniques
- Post-project assessment techniques
- Recommendations for next steps
- Key tips to remember for the exam
- Final test hints
- Practice examination
Who should attend
The course is highly recommended for –
- New Business Analysts who wish to pursue this entry level certification
- Individuals making a career change to business analysis
- Functional Managers who are not Business Analysts but manage them
- Individuals who want a one day, fast paced overview of the BABOK to obtain the kinds of knowledge and skills that encompass the Business Analysis profession.
Participants need to have 21 hours of professional training credits in the last 4 years in order to be eligible for the ECBA™ exam. This course accounts for 7 hours of the 21 hours requirement.
Interested in this Course?
The IIBA® Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA™) is a certificate that recognizes competency in less experienced and entry-level Business Analysts.
The ECBA™ exam is an online 50 question multiple-choice exam. Questions are competency based and aligned to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® v 3.0 (BABOK®). A desktop or laptop with a working webcam and microphone are required to take the exam.
The exam comprises 130 scenario-based, multiple choice questions over 3 hours.