The Automation with Ansible and Ansible Tower is a 5-day course that explores a holistic approach on deploying and using technology to maintain and administer the installation of Ansible Tower and managing the playbook, systems and existing projects. Participants will be equipped with the required skills and knowledge to write Ansible playbooks, standardize task execution and manage encryption for Ansible and Ansible Vault. They will also learn to use Ansible Tower to control access to inventories and machine credentials by users and teams and create job templates in Ansible Tower to standardize playbook execution. Additionally, during the course, participants will learn to automatically schedule Ansible jobs, use the application programming interface (API) to launch jobs from existing templates and dynamically update host inventories.
What You'll Learn
- Automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible
- Write Ansible playbooks to standardize task execution.
- Deploy and perform basic maintenance and administration of an Ansible Tower installation.
- Control access to Ansible projects, credentials, and other resources through role-based access controls in Ansible Tower
- Explain what Red Hat Ansible Tower is
- Demonstrate a basic ability to navigate and use its web UI
- Create user accounts and organize them into teams in Red Hat Ansible Tower
- Assign permissions to administer and access resources in the Ansible Tower service
- Create inventories of machines to manage
- Set up credentials necessary for Red Hat Ansible Tower to log in
- Run Ansible jobs on those systems
- Create projects and job templates in the web UI
- Use them to launch Ansible playbooks that are stored in Git repositories
- Use additional features of job templates to improve performance
- Simplify customization of jobs
- Launch multiple jobs
- Schedule automatically recurring jobs
- Provide notification of job results
Who should attend
- Cloud administrators
- Linux system administrators
- Network administrators